Sunday, November 3, 2013

November

November is here and my calendar is packed.  Between school, family and friends I don't even have time to blink. 

I have three weeks of non-stop work due between now and the 22nd before I finally get a week off to relax and be thankful for what I have, who I have, and who I am.  

Things are finally looking up for my family.  (I'm about to be super personal) For a long time my family hasn't had much, that's a joke we haven't even had basic necessities.  About, geez maybe 4 years ago my dad lost his job due to his health.  For a while we were living off of his unemployment but soon that ran out and we were literally stuck.  My car was repossessed, we were unable to heat our house, we could't even buy groceries.  I was starting college in August as a Freshman and had no way to buy supplies for school (thank god financial aid covered the tuition).  Life was hard. It was a struggle everyday for my family.  I mean picture our only car with ripped up seats, no heating and air, the windows do not roll down, the side panel was stolen out of it, and I swear when we drive the ignition falls out, literally.  Now, ironically, I've started my last year of college, as a senior, and my dad was just approved for disability.  We are praying that there is going to be a change in our life. Hopefully this means buying a "new" which means used car, finally being able to have groceries and just basic necessities.  

With Thanksgiving coming up I am just so thankful for having basic life needs. People hear my story and don't believe half the things I say, and they cannot imagine having no heat for 4 winters straight, or not even having a loaf of bread in the house to eat.  My family literally went weeks without having any food.  So, I am just thankful for basic necessitates.  

I realize my life could be worse, some people don't even have a home, but we have it really rough too.  

So tonight just light a candle, make a coffee, and be thankful for what you do have; because tonight, somewhere, somebody is going to sleep outside with nothing. 

Here's my weekend in photos











No comments:

Post a Comment