Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Coming January 2015

I hope I’m not jinxing myself by writing about this before I’m 200% sure it’s going to happen but I’m just so excited I have to write it down and get it out before I explode. 

Sarah (my roommate from college) and I are planning to move to Asheville, NC and move in together!! We made the decision in like 5 seconds flat.  When she was here recently for her visit she talked about wanting to move back to Asheville and the next day she texted me saying she was serious about saving money and moving and I decided right then and there that if she was then so was I.  We don’t have many plans right now except that we’re both saving for money and I’m planning a trip to Asheville to check out the apartments they have to offer. 

The word excited doesn’t even begin to describe how I am feeling.  Both Sarah’s and I have felt lost since moving back home, we have no real goals or aspirations since graduating and I think this is exactly what we need.  I missed my family when I left for school but now that I’m back home I’m missing my friends.  At this stage in my life I need them right now, I need the separation from my family.  Don’t misunderstand I love my family more than anything in the world and honestly I don’t know where I would be without their love, support, and help.  But, I’m growing up (ha-ha) and I need the separation to find who I am and grow as a person. 

But, if I’m being honest I have reservations about moving.  Asheville is where my brother died and that scares me, it scares my mother and my brother replied with “now I’ll lose another sibling to Asheville.”  I don’t anticipate following in Jeremy’s steps but it’s scary.  Asheville is so different from Greensboro and I’m worried I’ll get caught up in the “ashevilleness” and forget who I really am and my values. 



No comments:

Post a Comment