Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Updates

I know I'm supposed to be posting about fashion, home decor, party planning etc. but this has really become a place for me to express myself.

So, after that, an update on my weekend and the coming weeks.

I went home for the weekend to spend time with my family.  shop. Kidding, kind of.  I really did go home to get some shopping done but, it was also to spend time with my family.  I stayed an extra day to watch the big game with everyone.  We throw a sick party every year.  I haven't had a car for a long time and was unable to drive myself home from school but this time I was able to get on that highway, roll my windows down and sing as loud as I could to my favorite song.  It was the happiest I had been in a while.  That night, driving home, there was a glorious sunset. ( I posted this on instagram follow me @they_call_me_abitha) Under the picture I wrote #Icouldfeeljeremysmilingfromheaven.  And I could.  I'm still having trouble accepting his death, and what it all means but I'm working through my feelings.  Some days are good, some days are bad.  But on that day, with the wind blowing through my hair I felt him with me in the car. I felt him smiling.



Saturday was the perfect day. You know how most mothers and daughters have shopping days.  It just your mom and you shopping all day. Laughing. Talking. Bonding.  As a child, I never really had those days especially in high school when things were really tough but, Saturday, oh Saturday.  It was straight out of a movie.  Plus I got some really good stuff.  






Ending my weekend at my grandmas for the big game.  Tons of food, laughter, and love.


My girl and me, oh how I missed this sweet face.  

I know, this was a boring post.  I promise I'll try to do better.  I'm going home again this weekend, and a circus trip is involved.  



No comments:

Post a Comment