Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Personal victory

Let's start with yesterday, I started working on a presentation that was due today around 5:00 yesterday.  I finished around 6 and was not feeling very confident.  ( I was supposed to pick a section of a chapter of a book and expand on it) well basically I just summarized and didn't include anything extra.  So, let's skip to 3:00 this morning.  I wake up freaking out.  Totally freaking out, and I start working on the presentation again.  My mind is swimming, I have so many ideas and while they made sense then I wasn't sure they would make sense in the morning.  So, today during my break I opened the presentation back up, finalized some details, found a better video and off I went hoping for the best and expecting the worst.

Now, you have to understand, normally I'm a very shy, introverted person in ALL of my classes.  It's been a problem in the past.  But, something about this class brings out the extrovert in me.  That doesn't mean I wasn't my normal overly nervous self.  I got up there, I explained about my 3:00 AM working and my nervousness and I just did my thing.  I thought I was bombing it.  I flew through, I speed talked, I acted nervous, I made fun of myself, I messed up and you know what?  I got the best feedback.  I mean really good.  People loved it.  They thought I was entertaining, charming, funny, intelligent, I added something to the information.  I was blown away.  They liked me? I actually did well on a presentation?

Seriously ya'll, I'm on cloud nine tonight.  I haven't felt so much confidence in myself for a really long time.


Hey! That's me with my awesome feedback and my 49/50 (one point off because I didn't go for 10 minutes) 

No comments:

Post a Comment